Saturday, November 10, 2012

Southern-Skinny Style Meatloaf


I got a new camera today!  So excited to use it!!!  So today I'm making Southern Style Meatloaf.  I'm using my new Cannon T4i to take the photos.  Here goes...


Ingredients:
Not pictured-Ground Beef, Salt, Pepper, Ketchup (I forgot)

Ingredients list:
2lbs ground beef- I used grass fed beef
1/2 med. yellow onion-diced
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
olive oil spray (I use an olive oil mister)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (I used dried this time- Your choice)
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (I used dried this time- Out of fresh)
2 lg eggs
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I used progresso Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
1 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 red, green or yellow bell pepper (or a mixture)
1 tsp fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp ground sea salt (or to taste)


The Bell Peppers I used are behind the seasonings in photo above (I used previously frozen peppers and chopped them.


Then add onion...

Then Garlic & Bay Leaves...

Sautee until tender, then pour mixture into large bowl... 

Add Ground Beef (or Turkey) to mixture...

Then eggs...

And bread crumbs...

then Salt...

And Worcestershire...

And pepper

And lastly, add 1/2 cup Ketchup...

Then mix together thoroughly... I used my fingers (Don't worry- I washed my hands:)

Place mixture on a flat cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil... Don't forget to spray foil with olive oil spray or it will stick...

Form mixture into a flat oblong loaf (or whatever shape you like- your choice)

Spread remaining Ketchup evenly over top...

And place loaf (uncovered) into preheated oven at 350 degrees...

Bake mixture for approximately 45-50 minutes, remove, cool for 10 minutes and serve....
Left overs make great meatloaf sandwiches!!!  YUM!

This was hubby's plate... Steamed Green Beans (with a little real butter, salt & pepper for seasoning, garlic mashed potatoes (I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream, fresh french bread- from the bakery, and of course my Southern Skinny Meatloaf!!!


Hope you enjoy this meatloaf as much my family does! 
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment